PMD Pro Certification - Project Management in Development
Project Management in Development (PMD Pro) is a specialised certification scheme for Project Managers working in the development sector. The scheme is aligned with existing internationally recognized project management standards and includes components specific to the NGO sector.
This certification is seen as an important benchmark for continuous improvement. The scheme was developed by APMG-International in partnership with Project Management for NGOs (PM4NGOs), an organization dedicated to optimizing international project investments and improving professional project management skills in the development sector.
PMD Pro is a Project Management certification scheme designed for NGOs which:
- Confers a similar professional status as other world-class certifications in other sectors
- Is accessible to professionals irrespective of their geographical location
- Recognizes the additional roles which project managers in the international development, relief and conservation sectors are expected to fulfill, and is relevant to the projects they manage
- Takes into consideration the financial constraints faced by those who will benefit from the product
- Certificate holders will have access to other internationally-recognized certifications and take advantage of their wide range of learning opportunities and resources, including peer-to-peer learning, webinars, etc. to support their own learning and professional development.