ICCPM forms partnership with APMG
2 October 2012
The International Centre for Complex Project Management (ICCPM) and APMG-International have agreed to work together to strengthen the project management profession. Under the agreement, APMG and ICCPM aim to:
- Distribute research and knowledge-based assets,
- Encourage the use of standard methodologies in early project manager formation,
- Share management consulting tools and products, and
- Support collaboration on Complex Project Management.
Stephen Hayes, MD & CEO, ICCPM said, “APMG and ICCPM share the ideals of each other’s organisations and will be working together for mutual benefit to improve the delivery of projects and programs and in particular complex projects and programs.”
ICCPM recognizes that many people working in Project Management may start their careers by taking a qualification like PRINCE2®, MSP®, MoP®, P3O®, MoV®, and M_o_R®, or other project management qualifications.
ICCPM recognizes the values of the Cabinet Office Maturity Model P3M3® and the additional value of APMG’s consultancy products - The APMG Maturity Index and the APMG Change Track tools - in working to improve the management of complex projects.
Alan Harpham, Chairman, APMG, said, “APMG recognizes the values ICCPM brings to the field of complex projects through its global collaborations, Associate Partner Network capabilities and CPM Research Center, KD2. We are looking forward to working in collaboration with the ICCPM in order to help project managers running complex projects get the recognition they deserve.”
Stephen Hayes (ICCPM) and Alan Harpham (APMG) signing the Alliance Partnership
ICCPM is a not-for-profit organisation whose objectives are:
- to facilitate the management and delivery of complex projects around the world,
- act as a peak body for complex project management,
- advance complex project management knowledge and practice through its research centre KD2, and
- provide education, support services and emerging CPM tools to allow organizations to more effectively deal with complex projects.
The APM Group Limited (APMG) is a private Company specialising in the accreditation and certification of organisations, processes and people. It is a leading Examination Institute which accredits training and consulting organizations, and manages certification schemes for professionals. It is accredited to the highest international standards by UKAS for its work with IP belonging to The UK’s Cabinet Office as The Official Accreditor for PPPM and ITIL®. Its accredited training and consulting organizations have undergone a meticulous assessment process. APMG-International examinations are rigorous, challenging and consistent, so its candidates can be proud of their achievement.
ICCPM: Deborah Hein, email@example.com