Why use a Registered Consultant?
Registered Consultants are employed by Accredited Consulting Organizations (ACOs), in one or more of the following specializations:
APMG's Accredited Consulting Scheme
What do Registered Consultants do?
Registered Consultants can:
- Tailor, implement and embed best practices
- Deliver outcomes and benefits from projects and programmes
- Link benefits to business performance to drive value
- Embed change to make benefits sustainable
- Provide good governance, methods and people.
Why do they occupy a unique position in the market?
- RCs are accredited against rigorous standards of consulting competence with annual surveillance involving client references and full tri-annual assessments.
- They have deep levels of product expertise accredited through high examination scores and product knowledge interviews by independent subject experts.
RCs are accredited to use proven approaches and methods to:
- Choose the right projects and programmes (e.g. MoV® and MoP®).
- Apply the best methods to ensure successful delivery (e.g. PRINCE2®, MSP®, P3O®, M_o_R®, Change Management and CHAMPS2®).
- Provide independent and verified assessments of an organization's maturity in project, programme and portfolio management using P3M3® and P2MM.
ACOs and their consultants are supported by leading edge global research and state of the art tools that enable them to recommend the right practices to deliver the best performance for clients using the APMG Maturity Index.
For full details of ACOs around the world please browse our online Accredited Consulting Organization listings.
Registered Consultants have exclusive rights to assess organizations against the Cabinet Office's Portfolio, Programme and Project Management Maturity Model (P3M3®) and the PRINCE2 Maturity Model using the APMG P3M3 Assessment Tool. They can help your organization benchmark your programme, project and risk management processes, and provide the support you require in order to drive further improvement. The assessment can also be certified by APMG.
Find out more about P3M3 Maturity Model here.
"Our accredited consultant is able to view our work impartially. He proved to be a good 'sparring partner' - a person who can make us think about issues in a different way."
Frank Hoevenaars, Director, Project Control, Maasvlakte2
"We genuinely did not know how well we were doing, so we were very pleased with the outcome of our assessment.
Dr Adel Bataweel, Head of Risk, King Fahad Medical City
"It was useful to get external expert guidance. Our consultant was able to ask questions which challenged my thinking."
Titus Dijkstra, Project Director, Rentokil Initial
In this section
|Why use a Registered Consultant?|
|APMG Maturity Index|
|Frequently Asked Questions|
Video Case Study - Implementing PRINCE2® at the RET
Download these case studies to learn more about the work of ACOs and their Registered Consutants:
The Rehabilitation Hospital at King Fahad Medical City